Blog

14 September 2011

The Giraffes arrive...oh, and a couple of gratuitous zinnia pics.

In May I bumped into these two at the Chelsea flower show. For some time I had been looking for a sculpture that would fill the space at the end of the long terrace without costing a five figure sum. Being on the plebeian side of art appreciation, cones and helixes didn't speak to me but these guys did. They arrived today and look perfectly at home looking dreamily over the park. I fear that, like the teas, they may become a bigger draw to the gardens than our carefully crafted planting schemes. Since I am mad about them already that suits me fine .

At 13' tall this fellow could do with a name, any suggestions?



Zinnia prob. 'Aztec Sunset'
(it's a long time since the spring sowing)

Zinnia profusion 'Coral Pink '


1 comment:

  1. It is a quiet night with light rain falling a great time to check a few past postings from Blogs I follow. I will say, I like the "new addition" to the gardens. Sculpture adds so much to a space. I wish I could add more, but the cost keeps me in check! Enjoyed my visit tonight. Jack

    ReplyDelete


Join our mailing list: